Monday, January 14, 2013

Last-Minute Storytime

I'm sure this has happened to many of you before ... you schedule a 'guest star' or 'special visitor' to your storytime ... and the plans fall through at the last minute. I was to have a special visitor to storytime today to talk about Minnesota Moose. Unfortunately, my visitor had an ill child at home. I found out about this an hour before storytime was to occur.

What to do ... what to do ...

Fortunately, I have an EMERGENCY STORYTIME TUB at my disposal -- hooray!



From this tub I was able to pull out a relatively full-scale storytime for my patrons. Here's what I had at my disposal :

The Bridge is Up!  by Babs Bell
Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing  by Judi Barrett
The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear  by Don Wood
The Wide-Mouthed Frog  by Keith Faulkner

I also had this flannel to share, based on the book "It Looked Like Spilt Milk".
This was just about the easiest flannel I have ever made -- I got the images right from the book. I imagine you could include other ones as well, depending on your mood ...

No comments:

Post a Comment